Friday, September 20, 2013

Satyricon - Satyricon (NN Promo 2013)

First of all, this is an HONEST review of the new Satyricon album. As long as I've been a fan of the band, I've never in my life would've expected them to come out with something so sub-par. I highly recommend the new Stellar Master Elite or Sonic Reign albums over this one. Satyr has no idea what the fuck he is doing at this point.



"I know. You see that 2/5 rating and you’re probably wondering why in the world I would possibly even think about giving the one band who put their foot down with 2006’s Now Diabolical and firmly declared that “black metal shouldn’t sound the same as it did back in 1996” such a low score. As a matter of fact, the band only moved on to greater successes with 2008’s The Age Of Nero, so surely the reason why we haven’t heard a peep out of Satyr and crew for almost five years is because they’re working on some sort of grandiose epic with which to cement their name. I mean, the disc is entitled Satyricon, so one should expect a band-defining moment from this long awaited disc, right?"

More Here: http://newnoisemagazine.com/album-review-satyricon-satyricon/

(Trust me, you want to read this. Worst album of the year for me - the equivalent of Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus. Seriously, Satyr! What were you thinking? Not only that, but the bonus tracks are a fucking joke. Just worse quality versions of the originals. If not for "Phoenix", it would be a total fucking wash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment