Thursday, August 22, 2013

Interview with Erika Morgengrau of Morgengrau!

"How did this act come together? Previously you were in Ignitor and Autumn Tears, so how is the music in those two bands different from this one?

You can’t even compare the bands. Each of them was a big change from the last – very different styles. Autumn Tears was neoclassical darkwave, while Ignitor was classic heavy metal. Morgengrau is death metal in the oldest sense, with atmospheric vocals, huge guitar riffing and an emphasis on song writing, rather than technical prowess. I used to call myself a musical chameleon but in the end, I was just lost. I’ve always been an extreme metal fan – speed, thrash, death and black are the musical forms I always return to at the end of the day. It just took me twenty years of wandering to finally get where I needed to be..."

More Here: http://newnoisemagazine.com/erika-morgengrau-otherworldly/

No comments:

Post a Comment