Saturday, April 13, 2013

Device - Device (2013 PR)


























Check it out exclusively on New Noise Magazine!

http://newnoisemagazine.com/device-device-review-by-eric-may/

Note to the hordes of The Grim Tower: You'll notice that I gave this album a 3/5 because that is what it deserved. It's about a 7/10 and a decent enough effort. This is the same score and kind of review that I would have done for The Grim Tower and keep in mind that I now get to chance to preview other big names (much earlier than usual) and will have those linked right from here.

No one paid me for this review and I listened to the album heavily before I came upon my final score. Remember that if I don't like something, I'll make sure that everyone knows it. The fans consider this album to be amazing, but I don't feel that structurally, it's all that great. Worth checking out, but don't expect any hard driving metal.

I just want to make sure that you guys know that I am still the same guy I always was, just now I'm doing work for a bigger zine. And yes, I will still be updating this site and you are still free to send me work. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

And make sure to recognize the importance of fire safety. That is all.

- Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment